Go to Reports > Financial Reports
- Choose Position
- Use the Month drop down in the Date Range to select the range of months to include. In this example, June is the month for review, so January through June is included.
- Enter Account Range to filter by the fund or a portion of BARS accounts like OB 10 to 19 for Wages and 20 to 29 for Benefits and Taxes
- Print Options:
- Check Include Encumbrances to include expenses for any unpaid Accounts Payable entries
- Check Print MTD to Display "To" month in it's own column in addition to the YTD amounts
- Check New Page On Expense starts a new page at the end of revenues
- Check New Page On Department for each department to display on it's own page
- Check Departments Only to hide all other accounts and display department subtotals only
- Check Summary Page Only to hide all other details except summary of revenues and expenditures by fund
- Check Suppress Zero Lines to hide any accounts with a zero budget and zero activity
- Check Negative Only to isolate accounts with negative YTD amounts
- Check Exclude Beginning/Ending Bal to hide the Beginning and Ending fund balances to show current year activity only
As part of a monthly review, make sure your numbers are within a reasonable range. As of June, expect the budget to be 50% used. Are any expense items over 75% or 100% used? Are there any lagging revenue items under 25%? Ask these questions to help identify items that may be applied to the incorrect expense BARS code or overspent revenue expectations.