Go to Reports > Financial Reports
As part of a monthly review, make sure your numbers are within a reasonable range. As of June, expect the budget to be 50% used. Are there any expense items over 75% or 100% used? Are there any lagging revenue items under 25%? Ask questions like these help identify items that may be applied to the wrong expense BARS code or overspent revenue expectations.
- Choose Position
- Select desired Date Range for range of months to include. In this example, June is the month for review, so January through June is displayed.
- Check desired Print Options
- Check Include Encumbrances to include expense for any unpaid Accounts Payable entries.
- Check Print MTD to display "To" month in it's own column in addition to the YTD amounts.
- Check New Page On Expense to start a new page at the end of revenues.
- Check New Page On Department so each department will be displayed on it's own page.
- Check Departments Only to hide all other accounts and display department subtotals only.
- Check Summary Page Only to hide all details except summary of revenues and expenditures by fund.
- Check Suppress Zero Lines to hide any accounts with a zero budget and zero activity.
- Check Negative Only to isolate accounts with negative YTD amounts.
- Check Exclude Beginning/Ending Bal - to hide the beginning and ending fund balances to show current year activity only
- Enter Account Range to filter by fund or a portion of BARS accounts like OB 10 to 19 for Wages and 20 to 29 for Benefits and Taxes.