Are you printing checks with batching or without?
Printing checks with batching happens in the Batches tab of accounts payable. An an alternative, checks can also be printed from the General Ledger.
Go to Transactions > Accounts Payable
- Click Batches tab
- Click to highlight the desired batch on the left
- Click Assign Check Numbers
- Fill in the first available check number in Starting Number.
- Check Sort By Name to assign check numbers in alphabetical order, or leave unchecked and check numbers will be assigned in the order shown on the screen.
- Click Update to fill in check numbers for all non-EFT items.
Check numbers can be assigned multiple times with the Assign Check Numbers button. To manually assign or edit check numbers, click the Edit button and type desired numbers into the Check # column.
If checks were not printed in the batching process, they can also be printed as a group from the General Ledger.
Go to Transactions > General Ledger
Use the Account and Check # filters to isolate the checks to be printed:
- Enter the cash Account number the checks are issued from in both boxes.
- Enter the exact Check # range to be printed, first check in first box and last check in the second box.
After the filters are filled in, the only items on the screen should be the checks queued to print.